Police arrest motorcycle workshop employees in Tangerang for stealing
The Jakarta Post
A worker at a motorcycle workshop in Tangerang, Banten, has been arrested for allegedly stealing motorcycles.
In addition to arresting the employee, who worked for the workshop's warehouse division, the Benda Police also arrested his colleague, who was allegedly part of the theft plot.
“After an investigation by [the police’s] vehicle document registration center, it was discovered that the license plate of the motorcycle used [by the alleged perpetrator] did not match the motorcycle itself,” police chief Comr. Ubaidilla said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
After an interrogation, the two alleged perpetrators confessed to stealing a motorcycle in front of an elementary school in Jurumundi, Benda, Tangerang. Based on information from the interrogation, the police then arrested a third individual who allegedly received a stolen motorcycle.
In total, the police seized a T-latch handle key, two vehicle plates, a rear fender, two rear-view mirrors and a toy gun. They also seized three Honda Beat motorcycles with the license plates B-1314-NN, B-6809-GUK and B-6080-VNQ and a black Yamaha R 15 motorcycle with the license plate B-3453-CEO. (acr)
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Sri Mulyani declines position on Jokowi's campaign team
- Luxury brands chasing China's cash-rich millennials armed with family money
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games prostitute scandal 'slap in the face': Jakarta councilor