Asian Games organizers allocate 25,000 tickets to students
The Jakarta Post
The organizers of the Asian Games, which will be held in Jakarta and Palembang, say they will allocate 25,000 tickets to students across the nation.
“We will work together with regional administrations to distribute 25,000 tickets to students [nationwide],” Indonesian Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC) chief Erick Thohir said on Monday as quoted by Antara.
The tickets, however, would not be free because the single identification system would be used to purchase them, he added.
The organizers have not yet decided on a sales target.
Erick said he was optimistic that Indonesia could surpass the 1.3 million tickets sold at the previous Games, which was held in Incheon, South Korea, in 2014.
He hinted that the organizers might use some gimmicks -- such as door prizes -- to boost sales.
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world