Transjakarta to continue services during Idul Fitri
The Jakarta Post
Transjakarta buses will operate throughout Idul Fitri after morning Eid prayers on Friday, a bus operator executive has said.
“On Lebaran [Idul Fitri], Transjakarta buses will operate starting at 9 a.m.,” PT Transjakarta president director Budi Kaliwono said on Monday as reported by kompas.com.
Budi said that the start of operations would be delayed to give employees time to pray and spend time with their families.
He said that male bus employees would wear baju koko (Chinese-collared Islamic shirts) and black peci (traditional caps), while female employees would wear Muslim clothes and hijabs on Friday.
Transjakarta will continue to operate additional buses through to June 20 for homebound travelers departing from Pulogebang Station in East Jakarta and for those traveling to Ragunan Zoo in South Jakarta and the Ancol amusement park in North Jakarta.
Transjakarta spokesman Wibowo said that the fleet for the Ragunan-Dukuh Atas route was increased on Monday from the usual 29 buses to 38.
“On June 15, we will increase the [number of] buses to 44 units, and from June 16 to 20, we will operate 49 buses,” Wibowo said.
Starting June 16, Transjakarta will increase the number of buses on the Puri Beta-Ragunan route to 20 from the usual 16, while the Kampung Melayu-Ancol route will see an increase to 25 buses from the usual 19. (ami)
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Home of Malaysian cricket under closure threat