Jakarta to see lower electricity consumption during holiday
The Jakarta Post
Electricity usage in Jakarta is projected to decrease by 40 percent during the long Idul Fitri holiday from June 11 to 21, a regional executive of state-owned electricity firm PLN has said.
With the decrease, electricity consumption during the holiday would only reach 3,000 megawatts (MW), lower than 5,000 MW on normal days, said Haryanto WS, regional business director at PLN’s West Java Division.
“As there is a collective holiday during Idul Fitri, electricity usage will decrease by 30 to 40 percent,” he said as quoted by kompas.com on Wednesday.
Haryanto stressed that PLN would ensure that its services remained available for 24 hours during the long holiday despite declining electricity usage.Read also: Cirebon Power keeps operating during Lebaran
Meanwhile, M. Ikhsan Asaad, general manager at PLN’s Greater Jakarta Distribution, said the company had deployed 1,616 workers to serve at 18 points in his region, adding that he was convinced electricity consumption would return to normal after the holiday.
Ikhsan said his division would also ensure adequate electricity supplies in several priority places in Greater Jakarta, such as 324 mosques that would be used for Idul Fitri prayers, as well as the private and official residences of Vice President Jusuf Kalla, the Presidential Palace and the Vice President’s Office.
Other priority places include 11 hospitals, 6 public transport terminals as well as 282 residences of ministers, House of Representatives lawmakers and other state officials. (gda)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- For the sake of integrity
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case