Transjakarta to operate until after midnight on Idul Fitri eve
The Jakarta Post
Cutting its usual 24-hour service, bus operator Transjakarta will stop operations at 2 a.m. on Friday, the expected first day of the Idul Fitri holiday, according to PT Transjakarta spokesman Wibowo.
"We will limit our 24-hour operation to 2 a.m. [on Friday], following tonight's takbiran [Idul Fitri eve]," Wibowo said as quoted by kompas.com.
By cutting the operational hours, the company aimed to allow Transjakarta employees to celebrate Idul Fitri, he said.
Transjakarta will resume operations at 9 a.m. on the same day and subsequently revert to its usual 24-hour service. (rfa/swd)
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing
- Partygoers burn police vehicles after being denied dancing
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Home of Malaysian cricket under closure threat