Transjakarta to operate until after midnight on Idul Fitri eve
The Jakarta Post
Cutting its usual 24-hour service, bus operator Transjakarta will stop operations at 2 a.m. on Friday, the expected first day of the Idul Fitri holiday, according to PT Transjakarta spokesman Wibowo.
"We will limit our 24-hour operation to 2 a.m. [on Friday], following tonight's takbiran [Idul Fitri eve]," Wibowo said as quoted by kompas.com.
By cutting the operational hours, the company aimed to allow Transjakarta employees to celebrate Idul Fitri, he said.
Transjakarta will resume operations at 9 a.m. on the same day and subsequently revert to its usual 24-hour service. (rfa/swd)
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling