Fire razes eight houses in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A major fire decimated eight houses in a housing complex belonging to the National Police in Ciracas, East Jakarta, on Sunday morning.
"The fire occurred at around 3:30 a.m.," Gatot Sulaiman, an official at the East Jakarta fire and rescue agency, said as quoted by tribunnews.com on Sunday.
The agency deployed 45 personnel and 11 fire trucks to extinguish the raging fire. "The narrow access to the scene made it difficult," Gatot said.
They successfully extinguished the fire at around 6:45 a.m. The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.
No lives were lost in the incident. (rfa/ahw)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper