Man allegedly kills ex-girlfriend's dog in Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
A man identified as Wisnu allegedly stabbed his ex-girlfriend’s dog out of jealousy in Tangerang, Banten on Monday.
Wisnu reportedly felt jealous because he saw his ex-girlfriend, Loren, with a man named David at her home in Cipondoh.
Animal welfare group Garda Satwa Indonesia secretary Anisa Ratna said on Tuesday that Wisnu and Loren had an argument because Loren refused to see Wisnu who was on the porch. “Wisnu [then] stabbed the dog in the heart.”
Anisa also said based on the information received, both Loren and David were in the house, while Wisnu was on the porch. Benjol, a husky, was on the terrace. Loren and David said they heard Loren’s dog howl. They went outside to investigate, where Benjol was dying.
Despite efforts, Benjol could not be saved.
“While David and Loren were trying to help Benjol, Wisnu went into Loren’s house, took her cellphone and smashed it,” Anisa said as quoted by kompas.com.
Loren agreed to press charges against Wisnu.
Screenshots of a conversation between Wisnu and an individual identified as Ronny, and possibly one more individual identified as Joy, that show his confession of killing the dog have gone viral on social media.
Loren's photos of Benjol that were posted online and shared on @gardasatwaindonesia’s Instagram account have also gone viral. (acr)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...