East Manggarai voters cast ballots for regent, governor
The Jakarta Post
Voters in East Manggarai, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), showed upon Wednesday to cast their ballots at 510 polling stations (TPS) to vote for their new East Manggarai and East Nusa Tenggara leaders.
Five candidate pairs are contesting in the East Manggarai regental election, while four candidate pairs are contesting the East Nusa Tenggara gubernatorial election.
At the MabakoTPS 06 polling station in Watunggene subdistrict, Kota KotaKomba district, the chairman of the local election organizer,Fersianus Ado, officially opened the ballot at 7 a.m. local time.
Candidate Frans Sarong was seen casting his vote at the Kota Ndora TPS 06 in Kota Ndorasubdistrict, Borong district.
A former Kompas journalist, Fransand his running mate Kasmir Donare backed by the Golkar Party and Gerindra.(swa/ebf)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC