East Manggarai voters cast ballots for regent, governor
The Jakarta Post
Voters in East Manggarai, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), showed upon Wednesday to cast their ballots at 510 polling stations (TPS) to vote for their new East Manggarai and East Nusa Tenggara leaders.
Five candidate pairs are contesting in the East Manggarai regental election, while four candidate pairs are contesting the East Nusa Tenggara gubernatorial election.
At the MabakoTPS 06 polling station in Watunggene subdistrict, Kota KotaKomba district, the chairman of the local election organizer,Fersianus Ado, officially opened the ballot at 7 a.m. local time.
Candidate Frans Sarong was seen casting his vote at the Kota Ndora TPS 06 in Kota Ndorasubdistrict, Borong district.
A former Kompas journalist, Fransand his running mate Kasmir Donare backed by the Golkar Party and Gerindra.(swa/ebf)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dead at 61: State media
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world