At least 40 killed in bus accident in northern India
At least 40 people were killed when a packed bus spun off a slippery road and fell into a deep ravine in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand on Sunday, police said.
"Rescue operations are on and we are still not sure about the final count of dead bodies," said a police official, who declined to be identified since he was not authorized to speak to the media.
"It was raining, these are narrow, hill roads and the bus driver lost control."
A team of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and local police were engaged in rescue operations, he said.
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future