At least 40 killed in bus accident in northern India
At least 40 people were killed when a packed bus spun off a slippery road and fell into a deep ravine in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand on Sunday, police said.
"Rescue operations are on and we are still not sure about the final count of dead bodies," said a police official, who declined to be identified since he was not authorized to speak to the media.
"It was raining, these are narrow, hill roads and the bus driver lost control."
A team of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and local police were engaged in rescue operations, he said.
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw