Tickets for Asian Games opening ceremony available soon
The Jakarta Post
Asian Games organizers have announced ticket sales for the event’s opening ceremony, which will be held at the Gelora Bung Karno main stadium in Jakarta on Aug. 18, will be available for purchase by the middle of this month.
Tickets are available via official online ticket seller kiostix.com, which is also accessible via the Games’ official website asiangames2018.id.
The Jakarta Post has observed that ticket sales for the opening and closing ceremonies as well as sports events are already available to order at kiostix.com.
Tickets for the opening ceremony are priced between Rp 750,000 (US$52.50) and Rp 5 million, while for the closing ceremony tickets range from Rp 450,000 to Rp 2 million. Payment can be made with Visa and Mastercard credit cards, Indomaret minimarket, CIMB Clicks and Mandiri E-Cash.
The organizers have allocated 40,000 opening ceremony tickets for sale.
Francis Wanandi, an official with the Indonesian Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC), said the ticket price was more affordable than similar events in other countries.
“We have made it affordable [for the opening ceremony] as in other countries the ticket cost is above $100,” Francis told the press on Friday.
As for sports events tickets, prices start at Rp 50,000.
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- French drug smuggler to arrive home after 18 years in Indonesian custody