Man allegedly steals neighbor’s motorcycle using duplicate key
The Jakarta Post
A man was arrested on Monday for allegedly stealing his neighbor's motorcycle in Kalianyar, Tambora, West Jakarta, on Saturday.
According to Tambora Police chief Comr. Iver Son Manossoh, the suspect allegedly stole the motorcycle using a duplicate key that he had made when he borrowed the motorcycle on a previous occasion.
"One day before the theft, he borrowed his neighbor's motorcycle," Iver said as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that the neighbor reported a theft to the police as soon as he realized that his motorcycle was missing.
The police then arrested the suspect at his home, not far from his neighbor's residence.
"The suspect immediately admitted to his crime following the arrest," Iver said.
He allegedly hid the stolen motorcycle under Kalijodo Bridge in North Jakarta.
"The suspect is due to be charged under article 363 of the Criminal Code bill with a seven-year prison sentence," Iver added. (rfa)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future