Soekarno-Hatta preps to welcome Asian Games delegates
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta International Airport has been preparing to welcome athletes, guests and spectators to the 2018 Asian Games by making some adjustments to its services and installing event signs and other paraphernalia.
Soekarno-Hatta airport executive general manager M. Suriawan Wakan said in a statement on Tuesday that the international hub had prepared a special aircraft parking area for planes carrying Asian Games participants.
The airport management would also facilitate passenger services at the terminals for smoother delegate verification, immigration and customs processes.
Special immigration counters would be provided for athletes, said Suriawan. He added that airport attendants, golf cars and sky train cars bearing the Asian Games logo would also be provided for delegates.
An Asian Games post has been installed inside the airport and Terminals 1, 2 and 3 have all been decorated for the Games, with some areas featuring sports equipment.
“We’ve prepared table tennis, billiard equipment, etc. We will also make an Asian Games feature on the Indonesian Airport application,” Suriawan said.
The Soekarno-Hatta management has also coordinated the airport police on managing traffic to prevent congestion around the airport.
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform