Development of LRT stations in final stage
The Jakarta Post
The progress of the development of six stations for the light rapid transit, (LRT) system, which will connect Rawamangun, East Jakarta, and Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta, has entered the final stage, according to LRT Jakarta project director Allan Tandiono.
The Jakarta LRT railway stretches 5.8 kilometers from Rawamangun to Kelapa Gading.
“Currently, the construction team is speeding up the finishing phases, such as putting up the roof, electric and mechanical installation, flooring and painting,” Allan said Friday as quoted by kompas.com.
He went on to say the LRT was undergoing trial runs by the Transportation Ministry, which expected to be finished by the end of July.
Currently the LRT Jakarta has received a total eight LRT cars. The remaining eight are expected to arrive between July 13 and 14. (iwa)
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia
- Trump says Queen thinks Brexit is 'very complex problem': Report
- 52 alleged robbers shot by police ahead of Asian Games
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world