Development of LRT stations in final stage
The Jakarta Post
The progress of the development of six stations for the light rapid transit, (LRT) system, which will connect Rawamangun, East Jakarta, and Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta, has entered the final stage, according to LRT Jakarta project director Allan Tandiono.
The Jakarta LRT railway stretches 5.8 kilometers from Rawamangun to Kelapa Gading.
“Currently, the construction team is speeding up the finishing phases, such as putting up the roof, electric and mechanical installation, flooring and painting,” Allan said Friday as quoted by kompas.com.
He went on to say the LRT was undergoing trial runs by the Transportation Ministry, which expected to be finished by the end of July.
Currently the LRT Jakarta has received a total eight LRT cars. The remaining eight are expected to arrive between July 13 and 14. (iwa)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai