Development of LRT stations in final stage
The Jakarta Post
The progress of the development of six stations for the light rapid transit, (LRT) system, which will connect Rawamangun, East Jakarta, and Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta, has entered the final stage, according to LRT Jakarta project director Allan Tandiono.
The Jakarta LRT railway stretches 5.8 kilometers from Rawamangun to Kelapa Gading.
“Currently, the construction team is speeding up the finishing phases, such as putting up the roof, electric and mechanical installation, flooring and painting,” Allan said Friday as quoted by kompas.com.
He went on to say the LRT was undergoing trial runs by the Transportation Ministry, which expected to be finished by the end of July.
Currently the LRT Jakarta has received a total eight LRT cars. The remaining eight are expected to arrive between July 13 and 14. (iwa)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters