Three children drown in West Jakarta river, one still missing
The Jakarta Post
Three children reportedly drowned in Molenvliet River in Glodok, Tamansari, West Jakarta, on Thursday.
"They had been bathing in the river before they drowned," Tamansari district head Firman Ibrahim said as quoted by kompas.com, adding that the children had yet to be identified.
Two of them were found alive, but one is still missing, according to Agus Satiawan, the subdistrict head of Krukut, West Jakarta.
"Two of the children have been rescued. They are now being taken to the nearest hospital. One child is still missing. All three of them live in Krukut," he said. (rfa)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements