Three children drown in West Jakarta river, one still missing
The Jakarta Post
Three children reportedly drowned in Molenvliet River in Glodok, Tamansari, West Jakarta, on Thursday.
"They had been bathing in the river before they drowned," Tamansari district head Firman Ibrahim said as quoted by kompas.com, adding that the children had yet to be identified.
Two of them were found alive, but one is still missing, according to Agus Satiawan, the subdistrict head of Krukut, West Jakarta.
"Two of the children have been rescued. They are now being taken to the nearest hospital. One child is still missing. All three of them live in Krukut," he said. (rfa)
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia
- Trump says Queen thinks Brexit is 'very complex problem': Report
- 52 alleged robbers shot by police ahead of Asian Games
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world