Dead man found floating on dam in Batam killed himself: Police
The Jakarta Post
Police are treating as suicide the death of a man whose body was found in an artificial lake in Batam, Riau Islands, last Wednesday.
Taban Musadi, or Edi, 30, was found dead floating on Sei Ladi Dam in Batam with a suitcase containing rocks tied to his body.
The Medical and Health Department head at Riau Islands Police, Sr. Comr. Jarto Wibowo, told The Jakarta Post on Sunday that the autopsy on Edi’s body revealed no fatal external wounds. The cause of death was drowning. “He got into the water alive,” he said.
The police said Edi had suffered from depression.
Police officers have questioned Edi’s adoptive father Paryudi and adoptive sister Henny, who was the owner of the suitcase.
Henny said Edi had borrowed her suitcase. He had also expressed his intention to kill himself several times.
Edi’s body has been picked up by his family from Pontianak, West Kalimantan, to be buried there. (evi)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’