Dead man found floating on dam in Batam killed himself: Police
The Jakarta Post
Police are treating as suicide the death of a man whose body was found in an artificial lake in Batam, Riau Islands, last Wednesday.
Taban Musadi, or Edi, 30, was found dead floating on Sei Ladi Dam in Batam with a suitcase containing rocks tied to his body.
The Medical and Health Department head at Riau Islands Police, Sr. Comr. Jarto Wibowo, told The Jakarta Post on Sunday that the autopsy on Edi’s body revealed no fatal external wounds. The cause of death was drowning. “He got into the water alive,” he said.
The police said Edi had suffered from depression.
Police officers have questioned Edi’s adoptive father Paryudi and adoptive sister Henny, who was the owner of the suitcase.
Henny said Edi had borrowed her suitcase. He had also expressed his intention to kill himself several times.
Edi’s body has been picked up by his family from Pontianak, West Kalimantan, to be buried there. (evi)
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt
- Prabowo visits Yudhoyono in hospital
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad