Dead man found floating on dam in Batam killed himself: Police
The Jakarta Post
Police are treating as suicide the death of a man whose body was found in an artificial lake in Batam, Riau Islands, last Wednesday.
Taban Musadi, or Edi, 30, was found dead floating on Sei Ladi Dam in Batam with a suitcase containing rocks tied to his body.
The Medical and Health Department head at Riau Islands Police, Sr. Comr. Jarto Wibowo, told The Jakarta Post on Sunday that the autopsy on Edi’s body revealed no fatal external wounds. The cause of death was drowning. “He got into the water alive,” he said.
The police said Edi had suffered from depression.
Police officers have questioned Edi’s adoptive father Paryudi and adoptive sister Henny, who was the owner of the suitcase.
Henny said Edi had borrowed her suitcase. He had also expressed his intention to kill himself several times.
Edi’s body has been picked up by his family from Pontianak, West Kalimantan, to be buried there. (evi)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai