Tender for six inner-Jakarta toll roads begins
The Jakarta Post
The tender process has begun in the first construction phase of six inner-city toll roads with PT Jakarta Toll Development Jaya Pratama (JTD) inviting companies to take part in the project.
The first phase of the project will connect Seamanan to Sunter and Sunter to Pulo Gebang. According to a copy of the announcement obtained by The Jakarta Post, the tender calls on candidates to participate in designing and building the roads.
Registration for the project, worth Rp 4.1 trillion (US$286.31 million), will begin on Tuesday, the announcement said.
In total, JTD will build 69.77 kilometers of six inner-city toll roads worth Rp 41.17 trillion.
The project, which was initiated during the administration of former governor Sutiyoso, has been met with criticism from urban activists that consider it counterproductive to ongoing efforts to have more commuters use public transportation.
Nevertheless, the government insisted on developing the toll roads, which will connect Jakarta’s five municipalities, to alleviate traffic problems. (fac/wit)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire