Tender for six inner-Jakarta toll roads begins
The Jakarta Post
The tender process has begun in the first construction phase of six inner-city toll roads with PT Jakarta Toll Development Jaya Pratama (JTD) inviting companies to take part in the project.
The first phase of the project will connect Seamanan to Sunter and Sunter to Pulo Gebang. According to a copy of the announcement obtained by The Jakarta Post, the tender calls on candidates to participate in designing and building the roads.
Registration for the project, worth Rp 4.1 trillion (US$286.31 million), will begin on Tuesday, the announcement said.
In total, JTD will build 69.77 kilometers of six inner-city toll roads worth Rp 41.17 trillion.
The project, which was initiated during the administration of former governor Sutiyoso, has been met with criticism from urban activists that consider it counterproductive to ongoing efforts to have more commuters use public transportation.
Nevertheless, the government insisted on developing the toll roads, which will connect Jakarta’s five municipalities, to alleviate traffic problems. (fac/wit)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world