Tender for six inner-Jakarta toll roads begins
The Jakarta Post
The tender process has begun in the first construction phase of six inner-city toll roads with PT Jakarta Toll Development Jaya Pratama (JTD) inviting companies to take part in the project.
The first phase of the project will connect Seamanan to Sunter and Sunter to Pulo Gebang. According to a copy of the announcement obtained by The Jakarta Post, the tender calls on candidates to participate in designing and building the roads.
Registration for the project, worth Rp 4.1 trillion (US$286.31 million), will begin on Tuesday, the announcement said.
In total, JTD will build 69.77 kilometers of six inner-city toll roads worth Rp 41.17 trillion.
The project, which was initiated during the administration of former governor Sutiyoso, has been met with criticism from urban activists that consider it counterproductive to ongoing efforts to have more commuters use public transportation.
Nevertheless, the government insisted on developing the toll roads, which will connect Jakarta’s five municipalities, to alleviate traffic problems. (fac/wit)
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games