Tontowi and Liliyana win 2018 Indonesia Open title
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia's world number one mixed doubles pair Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir defended their Indonesia Open title after securing a quick win over Malaysia’s Chan Peng Soon and Goh Liu Ying in the final round in Jakarta on Sunday.
The victory was a swansong for Liliyana, 32, who treated the 2018 edition as her last participation in the tournament .
In top form, Tontowi and Liliyana owned the match without dropping a game. The Indonesians were only challenged in the first game, which they won 21-17.
The second game was over quickly, with the pair wrapping it up 21-8. Overall, the match lasted 38 minutes.
Liliyana, Indonesia’s queen of mixed doubles, said she would retire at end of this year. Before retiring, she plans to win her first gold medal at the Asian Games, which will be held in Jakarta and Palembang, South Sumatra, in August and September.
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity