Patimban seaport project ready for groundbreaking
The Jakarta Post
The acting governor of West Java, Comr. Gen. Mochamad Iriawan, has said that the Patimban seaport project in Subang regency, West Java, is ready for construction, with President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo expected to lead the groundbreaking ceremony in late July.
Iriawan said in Bandung on Monday that he would visit the location of the project on Wednesday to check on the latest progress, including the acquisition of 372 hectares of land.
He said Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi had told him about the groundbreaking ceremony but did not confirm whether Jokowi would attend.
“I have not been informed, but Pak President could hopefully launch the project this month,” he added.
Speaking about preparations for the project, West Java Transportation Agency head Dedi Taufik said that the West Java administration secured all documents for the project, including project location, environmental impact analysis and land acquisition documents.
He said that the acquisition of several plots of land in Pusakanagara district was still in progress.
Construction for the project will occur in three phases. The seaport was designed to have a container terminal with a capacity of 250,000 twenty-foot equivalent unit (TEUs) containers and a car facility that can hold 242 completely built-up (CBU) cars.
The port will be connected to several industrial areas in West Java. The project secured a total investment of Rp 43.22 trillion (US$3 billion). (bbn)
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse