Alleged embezzlement of social aid fund in North Jakarta uncovered
The Jakarta Post
The Social Affairs Ministry revealed that as much as Rp 95 million (US$6,600) of the budget for the Family Hope Program (PKH) in Sunter Jaya subdistrict in North Jakarta might have been embezzled.
Minister Idrus Marham said the money was allegedly embezzled by a social worker, identified only as E, who was supposed to assist beneficiary families of the aid
“We’ve investigated and found evidence that E misused his position and embezzled money that was meant to be disbursed to beneficiary families,” Idrus said on Wednesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
According to Idrus, E had been removed from his position and the ministry would bring the case to the court, arguing that what E did was a crime. He allegedly caused 37 beneficiary families to suffer losses.
“I’ve instructed [the ministry’s] legal bureau and the Association of State-Owned Banks to file the report together,” he said.
Idrus went on to claim that he had fired 11 other counselors for allegedly committing embezzlement, as he had “zero tolerance on embezzlement of the people’s money.” (vla)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?