Analysis: Consolidation is happening: Holcim is up for sale
PREMIUM According to Bloomberg, Lafarge Holcim is considering the sale of its Indonesian subsidiary, Holcim Indonesia (SMCB) for US$2 billion. This follows Lafarge Holcim’s decision to shed 3.8 billion Swiss francs ($4.1 billion) in assets in March, with two-thirds of the impairments concentrated in Algeria, Malaysia, Iraq, Brazil, Indonesia and Egypt. With 15 metric tons of total capacity it owns, Lafa...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?