Cambodian elections, litmus test for vibrant democracy
Hor Nam Bora
The Cambodian general elections are to be held on July 29 to elect the members of the sixth National Assembly, the Lower House of the country’s two parliamentary chambers, with the Senate being the Upper House.
About 8.4 million Cambodians are registered to vote, which is roughly 85 percent of the electorate. According to the National Election Committee (NEC), some 530,000 new voters had...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?