Chevron out from Makassar Strait
Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The government announced on Wednesday that United States oil giant Chevron had decided to withdraw its proposal to extend its contract for the Makassar Strait block, which expires in 2020.The company said the block was uneconomical, and that it would be removed from its Indonesia Deepwater Development (IDD) project.The IDD project is one of the biggest natural gas projects in the country, which ai...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?