Five injured in gas explosion in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A gas explosion occurred at 4:20 a.m. on Thursday at the Grand Wijaya shopping center on Jl. Wijaya II in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta. Three security guards and two street vendors have been injured.
“Based on the bomb squad’s investigation, the blast was caused by an 11-kilogram LPG [liquefied petroleum gas] canister in one of the shop’s,” said South Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Indra Jafar.
“The gas is suspected to have leaked. At least three shop-houses and a minivan have been damaged. Windows were left broken and walls crumbled.”
The five victims, Indra added, sustained leg injuries. “They’re receiving medical treatment. Police are trying to question them,” he said.
An investigation into the incident will be carried out prior to the resumption of normal activities at the shopping center.
“We’ve summoned the owner of the shop [in which the explosion occurred] to be questioned,” Indra said. (wit)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines