Island focus: Zumi charged with second bribery count
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has charged nonactive Jambi governor Zumi Zola Zulkifli with bribery in connection with alleged kickbacks given to Jambi Legislative Council members in deliberating the 2018 provincial budget.
Zumi allegedly knew about the bribes, KPK deputy chair Basaria Panjaitan said during a press briefing on Tuesday.
She added that Zumi himself had or...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?