Jakarta almost ready for Asiad
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
After nearly two years of preparation, Jakarta finally appears fired up for the 2018 Asian Games.
The government and the Jakarta administration have accelerated dozens of infrastructure projects to build Games venues, athletes villages and other supporting facilities, and 95 percent of the work in the capital had been done as of Wednesday.
Twenty competition venues at the Gelora Bung...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?