Supreme Court welcomes two new justices
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
The House of Representatives Commission III overseeing legal affairs approved on Wednesday the nomination of two career judges as Supreme Court justices.
They are Abdul Manaf, who spent most of his career in the religious court, and civil court judge Pri Pambudi Teguh, who is also the older brother of Central Java Governor Ganjar Pranowo.
The new two justices, who were proposed by th...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?