Tanjung Priok Police destroy drugs worth over Rp10b
The Jakarta Post
Tanjung Priok Port Police destroyed 5 kilograms of sabu-sabu (crystal methamphetamine) and 18,000 ecstasy pills worth billions of rupiah at its headquarters in Tanjung Priok, North Jakarta, on Thursday.
The port police chief Adj. Comr. Eko Hadi Santoso said the sabu-sabu alone was worth at least Rp 7 billion (US$486,418).
“We also confiscated 18,000 ecstasy pills that are sold at around Rp 300,000 to Rp 500,000 a piece. If we assume that at the lowest price of Rp 300,000 multiplied by 18,000, then the total worth would be more than Rp 4 billion,” Eko said on Thursday as reported by Warta Kota.
He added that the drugs were confiscated during three different operations. The police confiscated 4 kg of sabu-sabu from a suspect identified as FES, 1 kg from HA and 18,000 ecstasy pills from MAA, MR, AP and ABR. Eko said the six suspects would be charged under Article 114(2) of Law No. 35/2009 on narcotics.
They face the death penalty or life in prison. (ami/wit)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...