Bogor Police arrest seven in alleged gang rape
The Jakarta Post
Police in Bogor, West Java, have arrested seven suspects, including minors, for allegedly raping and assaulting a teenage girl at an empty house in Citeurup. The girl has since died.
Bogor Police chief Adj. Cmr. Andi Muhammad Dicky identified the suspects only as ISH, 15, ARN, 14, MR, 18, MDF, 20, RS, 22, N, 22, and A, 22. One suspect is still at large.
Andi said the suspects allegedly took turns in raping the 15-year-old victim. Following the incident the victim became depressed and fell ill and died on July 3.
Concerned about the circumstances of the girl’s death her family spoke to her friends, one of whom told them that their daughter had told her that she had been gang raped.
The family then filed a report with the Bogor Police.
“After receiving the report from the victim’s family, we started the investigation and have identified eight suspects,” Andi said on Friday.
He said the incident began at around 9 p.m on June 26, when two of the suspects, ISH and ARN picked up the victim near the railway in Citeureup after arranging a meeting via Whatsapp.
The two suspects and the victim then visited a friend’s house, identified only as H, and then took the victim to a food stall. Soon after the three took her to an empty house in which three other suspects, MDF, MR and S were waiting.
Later, two more suspects, N and RS arrived and sexually assaulted the victim before taking her home. H is not a suspect and S is still being sought by the police. (wit)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions