Firefighter dies on duty in North Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A firefighter, identified as Haeruddin, 51, died after putting down a fire in Sunter Agung, North Jakarta, on Monday morning.
North Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Satriadi Gunawan said that Haeruddin might have died of suffocation.
“He suffocated while fighting the fire, so we took him to a hospital using an ambulance. He was even able to chat in the ambulance,” Satriadi said on Monday, kompas.com reported.
Haeruddin died by the time the vehicle reached Koja Hospital, Satriadi said.
“The body is currently at a firefighter boarding complex in Semper Barat, Cilincing, North Jakarta,” he added.
The fire broke out at a warehouse on Jl. Kenanga on Monday at 4:28 a.m. Sixteen fire trucks were rushed to the scene. It was not yet reported how much damage the fire caused, but Satriadi said it was successfully put out.
“[The site] is currently in the process of cooling down,” he said. (ami)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world