Firefighter dies on duty in North Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A firefighter, identified as Haeruddin, 51, died after putting down a fire in Sunter Agung, North Jakarta, on Monday morning.
North Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency head Satriadi Gunawan said that Haeruddin might have died of suffocation.
“He suffocated while fighting the fire, so we took him to a hospital using an ambulance. He was even able to chat in the ambulance,” Satriadi said on Monday, kompas.com reported.
Haeruddin died by the time the vehicle reached Koja Hospital, Satriadi said.
“The body is currently at a firefighter boarding complex in Semper Barat, Cilincing, North Jakarta,” he added.
The fire broke out at a warehouse on Jl. Kenanga on Monday at 4:28 a.m. Sixteen fire trucks were rushed to the scene. It was not yet reported how much damage the fire caused, but Satriadi said it was successfully put out.
“[The site] is currently in the process of cooling down,” he said. (ami)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route