Jokowi, Kalla visit Yudhoyono in Gatot Subroto hospital
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Thursday morning visited his predecessor, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who was apparently hospitalized for fatigue at Central Jakarta's Gatot Subroto Army Hospital (RSPAD).
During his visit, the President was accompanied by First Lady Iriana Joko Widodo as well as Vice President Jusuf Kalla and his wife, Mufidah Jusuf Kalla.
“From what I could see, [Yudhoyono’s] condition is improving. He said he was exhausted. Let’s pray together so he can recover soon,” Jokowi told reporters after the visit.
The Democratic Party leader reportedly fell ill from exhaustion following his tour to Pacitan, East Java and Yogyakarta. He has been receiving treatment at the hospital since Tuesday.
His health condition caused Yudhoyono to cancel a plan to meet Prabowo on Wednesday to discuss a possible coalition for the 2019 presidential race. Prabowo visited his hospitalized Democrat counterpart on Wednesday evening. (yuk/ahw)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw