Jokowi, Kalla visit Yudhoyono in Gatot Subroto hospital
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Thursday morning visited his predecessor, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who was apparently hospitalized for fatigue at Central Jakarta's Gatot Subroto Army Hospital (RSPAD).
During his visit, the President was accompanied by First Lady Iriana Joko Widodo as well as Vice President Jusuf Kalla and his wife, Mufidah Jusuf Kalla.
“From what I could see, [Yudhoyono’s] condition is improving. He said he was exhausted. Let’s pray together so he can recover soon,” Jokowi told reporters after the visit.
The Democratic Party leader reportedly fell ill from exhaustion following his tour to Pacitan, East Java and Yogyakarta. He has been receiving treatment at the hospital since Tuesday.
His health condition caused Yudhoyono to cancel a plan to meet Prabowo on Wednesday to discuss a possible coalition for the 2019 presidential race. Prabowo visited his hospitalized Democrat counterpart on Wednesday evening. (yuk/ahw)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dead at 61: State media
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world