Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
The Jakarta Post
A viral video of Barack Obama dancing during an event to inaugurate a social project in his father's home country has gotten rapturous reactions online, which some say was a perfect antidote to the world's chaotic situation.
The former United States president was in Kenya earlier this week to launch a state-of-the-art youth center run by his half-sister Auma Obama.
The center will give local youths access to books, the internet and sporting activities.
They will also be able to benefit from classes on work ethics, civic education, environmental conservation and financial literacy.
During the opening ceremony of the center, Auma, Obama and his 96-year-old step grandmother got up and danced to a traditional tune playing from the PA system.
A video of President Barack Obama dancing with his grandmother to start your day.pic.twitter.com/0bI6a742Jd— Simar (@sahluwal) July 18, 2018
Before giving the floor to his step grandmother, Obama could be seen asking for a review of his performance by giving a thumbs-up.
Online video channel Now This said the video of "Obama dancing in Kenya is the perfect antidote to today."
Harper's Bazaar UK said that "Barack Obama dancing in Kenya is exactly what your week needs."
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report