Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
The Jakarta Post
A viral video of Barack Obama dancing during an event to inaugurate a social project in his father's home country has gotten rapturous reactions online, which some say was a perfect antidote to the world's chaotic situation.
The former United States president was in Kenya earlier this week to launch a state-of-the-art youth center run by his half-sister Auma Obama.
The center will give local youths access to books, the internet and sporting activities.
They will also be able to benefit from classes on work ethics, civic education, environmental conservation and financial literacy.
During the opening ceremony of the center, Auma, Obama and his 96-year-old step grandmother got up and danced to a traditional tune playing from the PA system.
A video of President Barack Obama dancing with his grandmother to start your day.pic.twitter.com/0bI6a742Jd— Simar (@sahluwal) July 18, 2018
Before giving the floor to his step grandmother, Obama could be seen asking for a review of his performance by giving a thumbs-up.
Online video channel Now This said the video of "Obama dancing in Kenya is the perfect antidote to today."
Harper's Bazaar UK said that "Barack Obama dancing in Kenya is exactly what your week needs."
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning