13 teenagers arrested over harassment at Car Free Day event
The Jakarta Post
Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) personnel have arrested 13 teenagers for alleged harassment at the Car Free Day (CFD) event on Jl. MH Thamrin, Central Jakarta.
"The 13 [teenagers] we arrested belonged to different groups," Satpol PP field coordinator Joni said on Sunday, as quoted by news agency Antara.
The arrest on Sunday, he added, followed complaints from CFD visitors, who had expressed discomfort over sexual harassment by the teenagers.
"We received complaints from teenage girls and middle-aged women, who claimed they had been groped," Joni said.
The alleged harassers were then arrested and brought to a Jakarta Transportation Agency office in Central Jakarta.
Satpol PP confiscated several objects, such as spiked belts and sickles allegedly found among the teenagers' belongings.
All 13 teenagers were brought to Menteng Police, according to the transportation agency's law enforcement head, August.
"We could not identify any of them, since no one carried any ID. The police will follow up in accordance with the law," he said. (rfa)
- Transgender people assaulted by dozens of men in Bekasi
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Crown prince a 'red line' in Khashoggi probe: Saudi FM
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos