Israel army kills Palestinian teen in Bethlehem: ministry
Israeli soldiers shot dead a Palestinian teenager during a raid in the occupied West Bank overnight, the Palestinian health ministry said on Monday.
Arkan Mizher, 15, was shot in the chest during clashes in Dheisheh refugee camp in Bethlehem, in the southern West Bank, the ministry said.
His funeral was due to take place later Monday.
The Israeli army said its forces had entered the camp and arrested two people suspected of "terror activity".
"During the operation, a violent riot was instigated in which Palestinians hurled rocks and threw firebombs and grenades at (Israeli) soldiers," the army said in a statement.
Soldiers fired live rounds at the protesters, the statement added.
The camp is in a part of the West Bank supposedly under full Palestinian control but the Israeli army regularly carries out raids in such areas.
It says the operations are necessary to arrest suspects, but they often spark violent clashes with young Palestinians.
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world