Simulation of tollgate closures for Asian Games to be held on July 31
The Jakarta Post
A total of 19 tollgates are set to be closed on July 31, as part of a traffic simulation for the Asian Games, an official has said.
The tollgates will be closed to test the reduction in travel time from the athletes village in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, to sporting venues throughout the city, as requested by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA).
The OCA requires the travel time for athletes not to exceed 34 minutes.
“We have yet to officially determine the 19 tollgates that will be closed during the Asian Games. We have to see the result of the simulation,” Jakarta Police traffic unit chief Sr. Comr. Yusuf said on Friday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The tollgates are set to be closed while athletes, officials and media leave the athletes village to the Asian Games venues and vice versa.
The tolllgates that will be closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. are: Ancol Barat, Jembatan Tiga 1, Angke, Tanjung Duren, Harapan Kita Hospital Off Ramp, Slipi 2, Podomoro, Rawamangun, Pedati and Taman Mini 1.
The tollgates that will be closed from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. are: Gedong Panjang 2, Jembatan Tiga 2, Angke 1, Jelambar 1, Slipi 1, Sunter, Jatinegara, Kebon Nanas and Taman Mini 2. (cal)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dead at 61: State media
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world