Simulation of tollgate closures for Asian Games to be held on July 31
The Jakarta Post
A total of 19 tollgates are set to be closed on July 31, as part of a traffic simulation for the Asian Games, an official has said.
The tollgates will be closed to test the reduction in travel time from the athletes village in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, to sporting venues throughout the city, as requested by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA).
The OCA requires the travel time for athletes not to exceed 34 minutes.
“We have yet to officially determine the 19 tollgates that will be closed during the Asian Games. We have to see the result of the simulation,” Jakarta Police traffic unit chief Sr. Comr. Yusuf said on Friday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The tollgates are set to be closed while athletes, officials and media leave the athletes village to the Asian Games venues and vice versa.
The tolllgates that will be closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. are: Ancol Barat, Jembatan Tiga 1, Angke, Tanjung Duren, Harapan Kita Hospital Off Ramp, Slipi 2, Podomoro, Rawamangun, Pedati and Taman Mini 1.
The tollgates that will be closed from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. are: Gedong Panjang 2, Jembatan Tiga 2, Angke 1, Jelambar 1, Slipi 1, Sunter, Jatinegara, Kebon Nanas and Taman Mini 2. (cal)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...