Truck hits ‘odong-odong’ ride, injuring 11 children
The Jakarta Post
A truck hit an odong-odong amusement ride in Cakung, East Jakarta, injuring 11 children on board the ride on Friday afternoon.
Mulyana, the odong-odong driver, said he was taking a number of children and their mothers on a ride, passing through the busy Jl. Dr. Rajiman Widyodiningrat, when suddenly a speeding truck hit them from behind.
“I had seen from my rear view mirror that there was a truck going at very high speed from behind. I had tried to avoid it turning left. However, because the truck was speeding it still hit my vehicle,” Mulyana said as quoted by kompas.com.
The crash sent the odong-odong rolling and it eventually fell into a waterway by the street. Eleven children on board were hurt and rushed to Islam Hospital, Pondok Kopi, East Jakarta for treatment.
Ajd. Comr. Agus, the head of traffic accidents at the East Jakarta Police, said there were no casualties.
“The [truck] driver was careless. His truck was in good condition, with working breaks,” he said.
Agus added that the truck driver was being investigated by the East Jakarta Police. (gis)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Indonesia must improve its e-government