Truck hits ‘odong-odong’ ride, injuring 11 children
The Jakarta Post
A truck hit an odong-odong amusement ride in Cakung, East Jakarta, injuring 11 children on board the ride on Friday afternoon.
Mulyana, the odong-odong driver, said he was taking a number of children and their mothers on a ride, passing through the busy Jl. Dr. Rajiman Widyodiningrat, when suddenly a speeding truck hit them from behind.
“I had seen from my rear view mirror that there was a truck going at very high speed from behind. I had tried to avoid it turning left. However, because the truck was speeding it still hit my vehicle,” Mulyana said as quoted by kompas.com.
The crash sent the odong-odong rolling and it eventually fell into a waterway by the street. Eleven children on board were hurt and rushed to Islam Hospital, Pondok Kopi, East Jakarta for treatment.
Ajd. Comr. Agus, the head of traffic accidents at the East Jakarta Police, said there were no casualties.
“The [truck] driver was careless. His truck was in good condition, with working breaks,” he said.
Agus added that the truck driver was being investigated by the East Jakarta Police. (gis)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community