District, subdistrict offices to have pickup point for online ‘ojek’
The Jakarta Post
South Jakarta Mayor Marullah Matali said he had instructed all state offices in the municipality to provide designated pickup points for app-based ojek (motorcycle taxis).
“I’ve talked with district and subdistrict heads to do that. Cipete Selatan and Ragunan subdistricts have done it,” Marullah said as quoted by kompas.com on Monday.
In the South Jakarta municipal office, the designated pickup point will be located at its parking lot, Marullah said. The area would not be too large because it is only for picking up and dropping off passengers, not for parking.
Marullah said he would ensure all state offices have pickup points within a week. He said he would spread the word to schools too.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan on July 27 summoned several high-ranking officials and instructed them to provide pickup points at government offices. The measure was taken to reduce the number of ojek dropping off and picking up passengers on congested roads. (vla)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Indonesia must improve its e-government