Indonesia faces Thailand in AFF U16 final
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia will have a final clash against three-time champion Thailand in the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Under-16 Championships, which will be held at Delta Stadium in Sidoarjo, East Java, on Saturday.
Indonesia earned the final spot after beating Malaysia 1-0 in the semifinal round on Thursday evening, held also in the Delta stadium. Meanwhile, earlier in the day, Thailand defeated Myanmar 1-0 to advance.
The goal was made from a penalty kick by Bagus Kahfi in the 70th minute. The shot was given to the host team after Malaysian goalkeeper Abdul Alim fouled Supriadi.
Coach Fakhri Husaini said he was proud of the boys, who owned a tough match against the rival team.
“Praise to God, I’m really happy with the result. It was a tough match as I thought the Malaysian team would deploy an open play; they played good defense instead, and very solid,” Fakhri told Antara on Friday.
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Gay couple arrested in Bandung as anti-LGBT wave grips W. Java
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Trump: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi death credible, 'important first step'
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Extend odd-even policy