Indonesia faces Thailand in AFF U16 final
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia will have a final clash against three-time champion Thailand in the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Under-16 Championships, which will be held at Delta Stadium in Sidoarjo, East Java, on Saturday.
Indonesia earned the final spot after beating Malaysia 1-0 in the semifinal round on Thursday evening, held also in the Delta stadium. Meanwhile, earlier in the day, Thailand defeated Myanmar 1-0 to advance.
The goal was made from a penalty kick by Bagus Kahfi in the 70th minute. The shot was given to the host team after Malaysian goalkeeper Abdul Alim fouled Supriadi.
Coach Fakhri Husaini said he was proud of the boys, who owned a tough match against the rival team.
“Praise to God, I’m really happy with the result. It was a tough match as I thought the Malaysian team would deploy an open play; they played good defense instead, and very solid,” Fakhri told Antara on Friday.
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says