Indonesia faces Thailand in AFF U16 final
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia will have a final clash against three-time champion Thailand in the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Under-16 Championships, which will be held at Delta Stadium in Sidoarjo, East Java, on Saturday.
Indonesia earned the final spot after beating Malaysia 1-0 in the semifinal round on Thursday evening, held also in the Delta stadium. Meanwhile, earlier in the day, Thailand defeated Myanmar 1-0 to advance.
The goal was made from a penalty kick by Bagus Kahfi in the 70th minute. The shot was given to the host team after Malaysian goalkeeper Abdul Alim fouled Supriadi.
Coach Fakhri Husaini said he was proud of the boys, who owned a tough match against the rival team.
“Praise to God, I’m really happy with the result. It was a tough match as I thought the Malaysian team would deploy an open play; they played good defense instead, and very solid,” Fakhri told Antara on Friday.
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- Strong earthquake hits off Fiji, no tsunami threat
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Twitter erupts as Asian Games opening ceremony praised by netizens
- Indonesia denies reports on Jakarta's air pollution during Asian Games
- Aftershocks hit Lombok, cause landslides on Mt. Rinjani
- Asian Games: Volunteers feel opening hype outside venue
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- Ratoh Jaroe dance and the fast-changing costume mystery