Jakarta council should select new deputy governor
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Council (DPRD) should select a new Jakarta deputy governor after the resignation of Sandiaga Uno earlier today, who will run as vice president of Gerindra Party leader Prabowo Subianto in next year's election.
Home Ministry regional autonomy director general Sumarsono said the prevailing law stipulates that the regional head, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan, had to propose two names to the City Council, based on the recommendations of the coalition parties, Gerindra and the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS), that backed the governor during last year’s election.
“The DPRD will then vote one of the two candidates,” he said on Friday as reported by kompas.com.
Sumarsono explained that the mechanism was based on Law No. 23/2014 on regional administration.
He added that, based on the regulation, the deputy governor post would remain vacant until the selection at the council. (nor)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says