Sandiaga leaves City Hall
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno submitted his resignation letter to Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan at City Hall on Friday, following his decision to run for vice president in the 2019 presidential election in a pairing with Gerindra Party leader Prabowo Subianto.
"Thank you for the 10 months of working together, it has been a great experience for me," Sandiaga said.
He added that he had returned the official deputy governor car and was going to clean his room later.
He refused to explain why he chose to resign instead of taking leave, saying that City Hall was not the right place to explain the matter.
Anies said Sandiaga had a been a great partner and companion.
"He will be missed," he added.
Anies also promised that this change would not interrupt any projects that the city was undertaking.
Sandiaga kissed his official car, a Land Cruiser, earlier in the morning when he was dropped off at City Hall’s entrance.
Later on Friday, Sandiaga went to the Jakarta Development Planning Board (Bappeda) building to say goodbye to the Asian Games preparation committee.
"I think it is best that I leave the committee because I am afraid that the Asian Games would be politicized if I am still here," he told the committee.
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- Strong earthquake hits off Fiji, no tsunami threat
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Asian Games: Japanese athletes, officials comfortable staying in athletes villag...