Jokowi’s extreme pragmatism
The Jakarta Post
On Thursday, Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, the incumbent President, backed by nine political parties controlling 60 percent of the seats at the House of Representatives, took pragmatism to the extreme.
By picking Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) chairman Ma’ruf Amin as his running mate, Jokowi went the extra mile to secure his chance for reelection, going farther to the right, way past his opp...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free