VP pick reflects power struggle in Jokowi coalition
Sita W. Dewi
The Jakarta Post
After months of speculation, weeks full of red herrings and last-minute changes on all sides, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo was the first to reveal his cards, announcing his coalition’s final decision to endorse the nation’s top cleric, Ma’ruf Amin, as his vice-presidential candidate, a day before the candidate registration deadline.
Later, before midnight, Jokowi’s challenger,...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free