New deputy ‘must have good chemistry’ with Jakarta governor
The Jakarta Post
The head of Jakarta’s chapter of the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS), Sakhir Purnomo, said he expected the replacement of departing Jakarta deputy governor Sandiaga Uno to have a good chemistry with Governor Anies Baswedan.
“Anyone replacing Sandiaga should have a good chemistry with the governor,” he said on Sunday, as quoted by tempo.co, adding that input from Anies would be taken into account.
He said he expected an immediate meeting between his party and Gerindra, the party that had backed the pair during the gubernatorial election last year, to determine who should fill the vacant position, after Sandiaga decided to run as a vice-presidential candidate in the 2019 presidential election.
The final determination of the candidates would rest with the party’s executive board, he said.
“Hopefully there will be a discussion between PKS and Gerindra leaders in the near future,” Sakhir said.
Previously, PKS president Sohibul Iman said his party should have a big chance to fill the deputy governor position, as it had let Gerindra’s chairman Prabowo Subianto choose a vice-presidential candidate from Gerindra.
“[Gerindra] should give priority to a PKS [cadre] to become the deputy governor,” Sohibul said.
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend