Anies waits for Sandiaga to be officially discharged
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has said he was still awaiting the official discharge of Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno, before selecting potential replacements.
“We still need to wait for a decree from the President [on the deputy governor's dismissal],” he said at City Hall on Monday.
Sandiaga tendered his resignation letter last week after being declared the vice presidential candidate to run with Gerindra Party leader Prabowo Subianto in the upcoming election.
However the Jakarta Legislative Council has to approve the resignation through a plenary session, followed by presidential approval, before Sandiaga is officially discharged.
Anies refused to comment on likely candidates to replace Sandiaga in the deputy governor position, but expressed confidence that the Gerindra Party and the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS), which backed the pair, would recommend solid candidates. (nor)
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace