Anies waits for Sandiaga to be officially discharged
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has said he was still awaiting the official discharge of Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno, before selecting potential replacements.
“We still need to wait for a decree from the President [on the deputy governor's dismissal],” he said at City Hall on Monday.
Sandiaga tendered his resignation letter last week after being declared the vice presidential candidate to run with Gerindra Party leader Prabowo Subianto in the upcoming election.
However the Jakarta Legislative Council has to approve the resignation through a plenary session, followed by presidential approval, before Sandiaga is officially discharged.
Anies refused to comment on likely candidates to replace Sandiaga in the deputy governor position, but expressed confidence that the Gerindra Party and the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS), which backed the pair, would recommend solid candidates. (nor)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium