US soldier killed in Afghanistan
A US special operations soldier has been killed in a bomb blast in Afghanistan's Helmand province, the Pentagon said Monday.
According to a statement, Staff Sergeant Reymund Rarogal Transfiguracion died Sunday after an improvised explosive device detonated near him while he was conducting combat patrol operations.
The 36-year-old from Hawaii was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group.
Officials said the incident was under investigation.
While Afghan security forces are conducting most of the fighting against the Taliban and other insurgent groups, US troops operate alongside them in a training capacity and are frequently on the front lines.
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow