US soldier killed in Afghanistan
A US special operations soldier has been killed in a bomb blast in Afghanistan's Helmand province, the Pentagon said Monday.
According to a statement, Staff Sergeant Reymund Rarogal Transfiguracion died Sunday after an improvised explosive device detonated near him while he was conducting combat patrol operations.
The 36-year-old from Hawaii was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group.
Officials said the incident was under investigation.
While Afghan security forces are conducting most of the fighting against the Taliban and other insurgent groups, US troops operate alongside them in a training capacity and are frequently on the front lines.
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape