Blaze ravages motorcycle seat factory in W. Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A blaze destroyed a motorcycle seat factory in Kamal, Kalideres, West Jakarta, in the early hours of Saturday.
Firefighters struggled for five hours to tame the fire as the water supply was far from the fire, West Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency operational head, Rompis Romli, said. Residents reported the blaze at 2:35 a.m., and the fire was extinguished at 7:45 a.m.
“The firefighting took a long time because the water supply was far away,” Rompis told tempo.co, adding that 110 personnel and 20 fire engines had been deployed to the incident.
"The estimated financial loss is around Rp 1.5 billion (US$102,889)," Rompis added.
The most likely cause of the fire was an electrical short circuit in the 1,000-square-meter area, Romis said.
At the same time, a fire was destroying a chicken coop in Joglo, West Jakarta. Two fire trucks were deployed to put out the fire. (stu/wit)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire