Blaze ravages motorcycle seat factory in W. Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A blaze destroyed a motorcycle seat factory in Kamal, Kalideres, West Jakarta, in the early hours of Saturday.
Firefighters struggled for five hours to tame the fire as the water supply was far from the fire, West Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency operational head, Rompis Romli, said. Residents reported the blaze at 2:35 a.m., and the fire was extinguished at 7:45 a.m.
“The firefighting took a long time because the water supply was far away,” Rompis told tempo.co, adding that 110 personnel and 20 fire engines had been deployed to the incident.
"The estimated financial loss is around Rp 1.5 billion (US$102,889)," Rompis added.
The most likely cause of the fire was an electrical short circuit in the 1,000-square-meter area, Romis said.
At the same time, a fire was destroying a chicken coop in Joglo, West Jakarta. Two fire trucks were deployed to put out the fire. (stu/wit)
- Hilton hotel chain strengthens operations in Indonesia
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Medan police officer imprisoned for shredding Quran
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- New Zealand PM makes UN history with first baby