Police recover drowning victim from Cisadane
The Jakarta Post
The police have said that the body of a man who had reportedly drowned was recovered from a river on Monday in Serpong, South Tangerang.
Jakarta Police spokesperson Argo Yuwono said the man had been swimming with four of his friends in the Cisadane River near Pakulonan subdistrict at around 2 p.m. on Sunday to pick some papayas across the river.
“While he was in the middle of the river, his legs suddenly cramped so that he could not continue swimming,” said Argo.
He said that according to witnesses, the victim had tried to scream for help, but by the time his companions realized his predicament, he had already drowned. The victim’s friends immediately sought help.
“At 5:15 p.m., the search and rescue team arrived at the location and looked for the victim. He was just found today [Monday],” said Argo. (gis)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements