Police recover drowning victim from Cisadane
The Jakarta Post
The police have said that the body of a man who had reportedly drowned was recovered from a river on Monday in Serpong, South Tangerang.
Jakarta Police spokesperson Argo Yuwono said the man had been swimming with four of his friends in the Cisadane River near Pakulonan subdistrict at around 2 p.m. on Sunday to pick some papayas across the river.
“While he was in the middle of the river, his legs suddenly cramped so that he could not continue swimming,” said Argo.
He said that according to witnesses, the victim had tried to scream for help, but by the time his companions realized his predicament, he had already drowned. The victim’s friends immediately sought help.
“At 5:15 p.m., the search and rescue team arrived at the location and looked for the victim. He was just found today [Monday],” said Argo. (gis)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations