Asian Games: Malaysia wins first gold in women’s bowling
The Jakarta Post
The Malaysian women’s bowling team bagged a gold medal from the women’s trio category with the highest collected points of 4326, leaving Chinese Taipei in second with 4255 points and Singapore in third with 4250 points.
There were 23 teams from 13 countries that competed in the women’s trio category with hosts Indonesia among them. However, the Indonesian women’s trio team didn’t enter the top five, ranking eighth and 13th instead.
Cheah Mei Lan, one among the Malaysian team players, acknowledged that they were surprised with the achievement.
“This has been a bit unexpected for us. We never put our target this high. We just focussed to be all out and focussed on the competition,” she told The Jakarta Post.
Cheah also acknowledged that all opponents were equally tough in this competition.
This is Malaysia’s first gold at the 18th Asian Games jointly held in Jakarta and Palembang.
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China