Take Idul Adha moment to donate to Lombok victims: Jokowi
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo asked the public to take Idul Adha as an opportunity to share with and help others, particularly the victims of the earthquake in Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB).
"Everyone should be willing to share with their neighbors, especially the people who are facing the disaster in NTB," Jokowi said after conducting Idul Adha prayers in Cibinong, Bogor regency, West Java, on Wednesday as quoted by Antara.
He also asked Indonesians to donate to the quake victims.
"I ask all of us on this Idul Adha holiday to give a little help to our brothers and sisters who are affected by the disaster in Lombok and in NTB in general," he said.
The President was joined in prayer with staffer Teten Masduki, acting West Java governor Muhammad Iriawan and Bogor Regent Nurhayanti.
The prayers were led by KH Zainal Abidin, and the sermon was given by KH Muhammad Suhendra.
After conducting the prayers, Jokowi gave a 1.3-ton Brahman cow as a sacrificial animal to the Cibinong Baitul Faizin mosque. (kmt/ahw)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper