Former employer beats, shaves maid in Bogor
The Jakarta Post
A householder allegedly beat and shaved the head of his former maid, identified only as MG, in Bogor, West Java, after accusing her of stealing Rp 1.5 million (US$102).
Bogor Police criminal investigation unit head Adj. Comr. Benny Cahyadi said the police arrested the former employer, identified only as EA, on Wednesday on Jl. Raya Parung.
“EA had reported the theft to the police, but [his accusation] could not be proven,” Benny said as quoted by tempo.co.
EA then hunted down MG to a garment factory in Parungpanjang, where the latter now worked, and beat and shaved her head. Later MG was forcibly taken to EA’s house in Jakarta.
MG was finally released after her family picked her up and reported the incident to the Bogor Police.
MG told the police that after two months working with EA, she could not bear working for him anymore because he often harassed her.
MG quit and later got the job at the garment factory. (stu)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- US arrests Chinese national on spying charge