Former employer beats, shaves maid in Bogor
The Jakarta Post
A householder allegedly beat and shaved the head of his former maid, identified only as MG, in Bogor, West Java, after accusing her of stealing Rp 1.5 million (US$102).
Bogor Police criminal investigation unit head Adj. Comr. Benny Cahyadi said the police arrested the former employer, identified only as EA, on Wednesday on Jl. Raya Parung.
“EA had reported the theft to the police, but [his accusation] could not be proven,” Benny said as quoted by tempo.co.
EA then hunted down MG to a garment factory in Parungpanjang, where the latter now worked, and beat and shaved her head. Later MG was forcibly taken to EA’s house in Jakarta.
MG was finally released after her family picked her up and reported the incident to the Bogor Police.
MG told the police that after two months working with EA, she could not bear working for him anymore because he often harassed her.
MG quit and later got the job at the garment factory. (stu)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC