Asian Games: Indonesian Zohri reaches 100 m final
Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian track and field sprinter Lalu Muhammad Zohri secured his ticket for the final after clocking 10.24 seconds in the first semifinal of the men's 100 meters at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium on Sunday. The final will take place later at 9:25 p.m.
He finished second, only three milliseconds slower than Saudi Arabia's Muhammad Abdullah Akbar.
Zohri has become a new idol of Indonesia's track and field after winning the men’s 100 m at the 2018 IAAF World Under 20 Championships in Tampere, Finland, on July 10.
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy