Asian Games: Indonesian Zohri reaches 100 m final
Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian track and field sprinter Lalu Muhammad Zohri secured his ticket for the final after clocking 10.24 seconds in the first semifinal of the men's 100 meters at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium on Sunday. The final will take place later at 9:25 p.m.
He finished second, only three milliseconds slower than Saudi Arabia's Muhammad Abdullah Akbar.
Zohri has become a new idol of Indonesia's track and field after winning the men’s 100 m at the 2018 IAAF World Under 20 Championships in Tampere, Finland, on July 10.
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace